Problem Solving by Kids

Last Friday March 31, was my last day as the Senior Web Designer at DLSU Manila. It was also our Summer outing at the Subic Freeport. We went swimming in the morning and went to see Zoobic (Zoo at Subic) where we watched and interacted with a lot of tigers. Interestingly enough, I am moving today to UST, my alma mater, the home of the Growling Tigers.

My post is about my interaction with a kid when I was swimming. Yan-yan, who is the daughter of my officemate, asked me if I knew the names of the mountain surrounding the Subic Freeport. I told her no, obviously because I do not know, but what struck me was her response "Well, would you know someone who knows the name of those mountains?"

I really never taught about it until the weekend that these kids are somehow are role model for us adults in terms of problem solving. One is persistence. As they say nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more ... world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent ...

Another lesson I remembered is that when you think that you have run out of resources, well you haven't! You just have to regroup, think and eventually you will come up with another idea or a resource.

Popular Posts